Driver Certification

To drive a motor vehicle for university purposes, individuals are required to have a valid driver's license and a UO driver certification card.


  • Katie Jones, Occupational Safety Officer (P) 541-346-2515


Driver Certification Request

Van Driver Certification: Van certification is required for anyone driving a van (owned, rented, or borrowed) for university-approved travel. To be certifiied, an individual must pass the online van training course.  The certification is valid indefinitely.

Van Training


The driver certification process is governed by Oregon Administrative Rules (571-010-0110) and applies to state-owned vehicles and hired or borrowed vehicles used on University business travel.