Youth program (accident) insurance is available to university departments and programs that sponsor short-term events or activities involving participants who are generally not affiliated with the university. All youth programs must be registered online using the link below. Departments may also enroll youth programs in insurance coverage at the time of registration. The Office of Risk Management expects university departments and program sponsors of events or activities to purchase this insurance.
- General Risk Management, (P) 541-346-8316
- Lisa Taylor, Assistant Director, Risk Management and Insurance (P) 541-346-2307
General rules for use
Youth program insurance covers participants, and the premium is based upon the actual number of attendees. The insurance requires that participants must be:
- At a scheduled camp or clinic under the supervision of UO personnel
- On the premises where the camp or clinic is during a regular camp or clinic day
- Virtual youth programining conducted by UO personnel
Youth programs may include:
- Sports camps for minors
- Music, dance, reading, design, archaeology, and science camps for minors
Recurring programs: This policy renews annually on January 1. Youth programs covered in past year(s) are not automatically renewed. Contact Risk Management to renew coverage for annual events.
Insurance must be requested prior to the beginning of the camp, clinic, or event. Registration and insurance enrollment can be done using the following link.
What information you will need:
- Dates of program
- Contact name, phone number, and email
- Estimated number of participants (following the camp, report the actual number of participants to Risk Management)
- Index to be charged; include Activity Code (if applicable)
- Youth Program Summary Report
Please note the insurance premium costs will increase in calendar year 2024. The 2024 rates are linked here
|Youth Program Length||Rate Per Camper: Day Program||Rate Per Camper: Overnight Program|
|Up to 2 Weeks||$1.78||$2.78|
|2- 4 Weeks||$2.95||$4.45|
|2 Months, but less than 6 months||$9.21||$17.21|
|6 months, but less than 1 year||$18.21||$37.21|
Information and Resources
Is your program in compliance with UO's Minors on Campus Policy?
Background Checks: Criminal, credit, and related background checks ARE REQUIRED for all university positions, including (but not limited to) new employee hires, who will have "unsupervised access to children (does not include university students under 18) and vulnerable adults (persons 18 years of age or older who have substantial mental or functional impairments and are unable to protect themselves)."
Checklist for Camps on Campus: Directors of camps that are located at a school or college are often knowledgeable about the camp’s instructional program, but they may not be as familiar with the ways to protect themselves and the host institution from related legal liability and negative publicity. This checklist provides camp directors step-by-step guidance to help minimize risks and increase the likelihood of a safe experience for campers.