Risk Management works with departments and third parties regarding claims to evaluate and determine the potential for recovery and initiate the claims process.
- General Risk Management, (P) 541-346-8316
- Flo Hoskinson, Risk Manager (P) 541-346-3233
- Lisa Taylor, Insurance and Claims Coordinator (P) 541-346-2307
Any loss or incident must immediately be reported to the University of Oregon Office of Risk Management, 541-346-8316. Risk Management works with departments and third parties regarding claims to evaluate and determine the potential for recovery and initiate the claims process.
Property Claims: A loss to university property
General Liability Claims: A loss associated with a breach of a legal duty (also known as tort claims)
Vehicle Claims: A loss to a university, Motor Pool, state, rental, or third-party vehicle
Information and Resources
Examples of a loss or incident include (but are not limited to):
- Vehicle accidents (university-owned, Motor Pool, State, rental vehicles, third-party or personal vehicles used for business travel)
- Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
- Missing or damaged property due to theft
- Injuries to visitors or minors
- Damage to the property of others