A Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages form must be submitted when event organizers plan to serve alcoholic beverages on UO owned property, UO leased property, and off premises events sponsored by University of Oregon that is not being provided by and served by University Catering. Private events held by members of the public do not need to complete this form and should work with UO event services directly. The form should be submitted at least 14 business days prior to a planned event to allow sufficient time for review. Please include if this is a UO Portland event or if the event will be hosted at a UO Portland location.
- Risk Management, (P) 541-346-8316
The request form and applicable documents should be submitted no fewer than 14 days before the event. Your submission should include the following documents where applicable:
- Fully signed Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages Form
- An approved University of Oregon Catering Waiver; if applicable.
- A copy of the catering menu or food order.
- A certificate of insurance from the vendor providing food service if not using UO catering.
- A certificate of insurance from the vendor providing and serving the alcohol. The certificate must indicate host liquor liability and name the University as additional insured.
- A volunteer form may be required if the OLCC server is not a UO employee or not being paid to serve.
- Copy of signed a Temporary Sales License. If alcohol will be sold or donations collected.
- Event’s held on campus should include a map indicating event set up. The map must indicate exits and pathways.
- Planning on advertising? Submit a copy of your proposed advert for review.
- Large events or events with students may be required to submit a risk mitigation plan.
- Contracting: If your event will require a Facility Use Agreement, Personal Services Contract, or Catering Contract please review the Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) process for contracting at the University. Only individuals with delegated contracting authority may sign a contract. A PCS contract template may be required.
- Purchasing Policies: Review the University purchasing policy and guidelines regarding alcohol and alcohol related purchases or services.
Complete this form first and attach all required documentation:
The Office of Risk Management and Insurance has launched a new online webform version of this form. The webform version allows for roll approvals for virtual signatures from the applicant, designee, and department head. If you have issues with using this form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Eugene must review all applications for events held at UO Eugene properties which require an OLCC Temporary Sales License (after review and endorsement by the Office of Risk Management). In addition, UO Departments must complete UO’s Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages.
City of Portland must review all applications for events held at UO Portland which require an OLCC Temporary Sales License (after review and endorsement by the UO Portland event contact). In addition, UO Departments must complete UO’s Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages.
Can we use non-foundations funds to pay for alcohol or to pay for a bartender at our event?
No, generally, institution funds may not be expended to purchase alcoholic beverages. Likewise, tips, fees or any expense directly related to the serving of alcoholic beverages may not be expended either.
Note: Once a department transfers UO Foundation funds to the University of Oregon, they become university funds and cannot be used for alcohol. Please be sure to pay all alcohol and alcohol related expenses such as bar tender services, tips, and supplies (that were not collected through participant fees as stated above) with non-UO funds
Learn more at the Office of Business Affairs website Topic: Alcohol