Advanced planning, preparation, and practice are the most effective ways of ensuring that individuals can respond calmly and effectively in an emergency.
- James Stegall, Continuity & Emergency Manager, Safety and Risk Services, (P) 541-346-2651
In an emergency situation take the following steps:
- Assess the situation
- Act promptly, if necessary, to ensure your safety
- Notify appropriate emergency personnel
Information and Resources
Write down the following emergency information in a place where you can access it easily as a first step in preparing for an emergency.
- Building Address
- Office / Work Space Room Number
- Building Manager (name and phone number)
- Evacuation Assembly Area for your building or department
Emergency Procedures Poster
The Emergency Procedures Poster was developed to help minimize the negative impact of emergencies. Read the guide before an emergency occurs, become acquainted with its contents, and refer back to it as needed. Familiarity with UO emergency procedures will assist you in being better prepared to protect yourself and others around you.
The information in the Emergency Procedures poster is written for use by all UO facilities including those distant from the Eugene campus. All telephone numbers listed in the poster, with the exception of 9-1-1, are telephone numbers for resources located on the Eugene campus.
Programs at other locations may wish to list local emergency telephone numbers specific to their area.