The UO Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) was established by the authority of the university president. The committee was created as a requirement under the NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules (NIH Guildelines). All work involving recombinant or synthetic nucleic acid molecules must be registered with the IBC. Description of additional types of experiments that must be registered with the IBC are detailed in the committee's Bylaws & Operating Procedures.
UO IBC 2024 meetings are open to the public and held on the third Friday of the month.
The next meeting date is Friday January 19th, 2024 at 1 pm via Zoom.
Summary Guide to the NIH Guidelines and PI Responsibilities
- Laurie Graham, Laboratory Safety Manager, Biosafety Officer (P) 541-346-2864
- NIH Guidelines: Overview
- NIH Guidelines: Safety Considerations
- NIH Guidelines: IBC and Levels of Review
- NIH Guidelines: Responsibilites-Institutional and PI
- NIH Guidelines: Risk Assessment