André Le Duc’s focus in both his career and his academic research is on the development of community and organizational resilience. Mr. Le Duc is the University of Oregon's first Chief Resilience Officer and Associate Vice President for Safety and Risk Services. Safety and Risk Services provides leadership, expertise, and guidance to the UO community on emergency management and business continuity, environmental health and safety, campus mapping and geographic information services, risk management, public safety, and insurance, and fire code compliance.
Mr. Le Duc is a member of the President's Senior Leadership Team and serves on the University’s Strategic Enterprise Risk Management Committee. As such, Mr. Le Duc and is responsible for facilitating enterprise risk management for the University. Mr. Le Duc established the first All-Hazard Higher Education Incident Management Team for the University and serves as an All-Hazard Type III Incident Commander for the team.
Prior to working as a senior administrator for the University of Oregon, Mr. Le Duc served as the founding and executive director of the Oregon Partnership for Disaster Resilience (OPDR), an applied research center and coalition of public, private, and professional organizations working toward the mission of creating a disaster resilient state. OPDR is nationally recognized by the Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) and Public Entity Risk Institute (PERI). In 2005, Mr. Le Duc established the National Disaster Resilient Universities (DRU) Network, which has over 2000 members covering an estimated 900 higher education institutions.
Mr. Le Duc holds an MS in Community and Regional Planning from University of Oregon and BS in both Geography and Environmental Policy and Planning from University of Wisconsin - Green Bay. He is also a graduate of the Department of Homeland Security FEMA National Emergency Management Executive Academy Cohort-1.
Mr Le Duc also leads and serves on a number of regional and national boards:
- Advisory Board Member, National Center for Campus Public Safety
- Chairperson, 2016 Governor’s Campus Safety Work Group
- Advisory Board Member, Student Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility for School Safety
- Advisory Committee Member, Risk Management Advisory Committee (RMAC), United Educators
- Past-President and Board Member, Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup (CREW)
- Advisory Panel Member, Oregon Seismic Safety Policy Advisory Commission, Oregon Disaster Resiliency Planning Committee
- Advisor, Oregon Partnership for Disaster Resilience
- Past Chairperson and Member, International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), Universities and Colleges Caucus