Employees with the potential for occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) are covered under the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. Those employees at UO affected by this regulation can be found in the UO Exposure Control Plan. Supervisors and Principal Investigators are responsible for ensuring that their staff receive both initial and annual refresher Bloodborne Pathogens training on preventing occupational transmission of bloodborne pathogens, required by OSHA.
Only trained individuals should clean up blood or other potentially infectious materials. If trained personnel are not available, either UOPD dispatch, CPFM Work Control, or the departmental system should be contacted to arrange for cleanup (designated individuals will be called in if necessary).
- Katie Jones, Occupational Safety Officer (P) 541-346-2515
- Sara Vitagliano, EHS Specialist (P) 541-346-5944
*** HAD AN EXPOSURE? ***
Information and Resources
- UO Exposure Control Plan (Plan de Control de Exposición)
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Fact Sheet
- Exposure forms in Spanish