Oregon Ready is the university's business continuity planning tool. The goal of business continuity planning is for an organization (or department) to be able to maintain, or re-establish, services and functions during and/or after a disruption. Oregon Ready is a simple way to build your department specific plan, and provides structured guidance to identify key staff and resources. Continuity plans will improve your department's ability to recover from business interruptions, and are a critical component to effective emergency response.
- Becca Puleo, Emergency Plans Coordinator (P) 541-346-9211
General rules for use
To start a department plan in Oregon Ready, at least one person on your staff will need to attend a short training session, register on MyTrack. The continuity coordinator should be a staff member who has knowledge of department operations, and who has the authority to facilitate the business continuity planning process.
Oregon Ready group training sessions are offered monthly. Registration for this free 1.5 hour session is available on MyTrack. Please contact Becca Puleo (541-346-9211) if the current sessions are unavailable or you need additional scheduling options.
Information and Resources
As you develop your plan, it may be useful to consider different types of impacts. For example:
- In an emergency, all or part of offices, records, and equipment may be inaccessible
- Data network, communications, and utility services may be disrupted in the one facility or campus-wide
- Critical hardcopy and digital records may be damaged or destroyed
- An emergency event may directly implact staff members, limiting their ability to come to work
Oregon Ready will help you focus on how your functions can continue, even if at a lower level of service.