Injury Reporting and Workers' Compensation

Employees are covered by workers’ compensation insurance when they suffer a compensable injury/disease in the course and scope of employment. SAIF Corporation (SAIF) is the university’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier. SAIF will determine the compensability of all claims.


  • Safety and Risk Services: Trish Lijana, Workers' Compensation Program Manager (P) 541-346-2907

  • Payroll: Eric Bever, Payroll Accountant (P) 541-346-0839

  • Human Resources: Kenny Ly, Medical Leaves Coordinator (P) 541-346-2950


Workers’ compensation coverage at the university does not extend to the general student population, visitors, temporary agency employees, volunteers, or faculty on a courtesy appointment. However, Safety and Risk Services must be notified of any injury to a temporary agency employee working for the university.


PDF iconSafety Incident or Accident Report (SIAR)

This form must be completed by the supervisor and employee any time an employee suffers a work-related injury or disease. A SIAR must be completed for any injured employee, including temporary workers, student employees, and limited duration employees.

Return the completed form to Safety and Risk Services by fax (541-346-7008) or email to within 24 hours of notice of an accident or incident.

PDF iconWorkersPDF icon' Compensation Claim Form (ENGLISH 801)  (SPANISH 801)

PDF iconInstructions to Complete the 801 Form

This form is completed when an employee seeks medical attention for a work-related injury and the employee wishes to file a workers' compensation claim.  The employee completes the top portion of the form and the supervisor completes the bottom portion of the form.  

Return the completed 801 form to Safety and Risk Services by fax (541-346-7008) within 24 hours of the employee providing notice that medical attention has been sought.

PDF iconEmployee Status Report (ESR)

The employee takes this form to doctor appointments for the physician to complete every 30 days.

Information and Resources

Occupational Medicine Clinics

These locations are some of the available options for treatment of an occupational injury.

PDF iconOptions for Medical Transport

Download and use this chart as a guide when determining what level of medical treatment is required following a workplace injury.

State of Oregon Ombudsman for Injured Workers

This office was created by the Oregon Legislature to be an independent advocate for Oregon's injured workers. They may be able to help you informally resolve any problems or disputes that might arise between the parties involved in a claim, and they can answer your questions about the workers' compensation system. There is no charge for their services.

Safety Advisory Committee

The purpose of the Safety Advisory Committee is to assist the University administration in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all faculty, staff and student workers by making recommendations for change on health and safety issues.

OSHA Correspondence

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is the main federal agency charged with the enforcement of safety and health legislation. The university continuously works to comply with OSHA rules, and also consults with OSHA on periodically on compliance issues and best practices.