Property Claims

A University of Oregon property claim is:

  • Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, water intrusion, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
  • Missing or damaged University of Oregon property due to theft

Departments are subject to a $5,000 deductible


General rules for use

All claims involving property loss or damage must be immediately reported to the Office of Risk Management. Losses due to theft, break-in or vandalism are criminal acts and must be immediately reported to the University of Oregon Police Department.



What information is needed to initiate a property claim?

  •     Department contact information
  •     A narrative of the incident, including the date and time of loss, immediate actions taken, witnesses
  •     Description of damaged or lost property

Include the following information if possible:

  •     Photographs of all damaged or lost property, if available
  •     Police report, if available
  •     Copies of correspondence, documentation, or other information related to the incident
  •     Two written estimates showing replacement values for the lost or damaged property may be required