A University of Oregon property claim is:
- Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, water intrusion, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
- Missing or damaged University of Oregon property due to theft
Departments are subject to a $5,000 deductible
- General Risk Management, (P) 541-346-8316
General rules for use
All claims involving property loss or damage must be immediately reported to the Office of Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety as our insurance requires us to meet reporting requirements. We have a responsibility to mitigate our loss and to protect property from further loss or damage.
Losses due to theft, break-in or vandalism are criminal acts and must be immediately reported to the University of Oregon Police Department.
What information is needed to initiate a property claim?
- Department contact information
- A narrative of the incident, including the date and time of loss, immediate actions taken, witnesses
- Description of damaged or lost property
Include the following information if possible:
- Photographs of all damaged or lost property, if available
- Police report, if available
- Copies of correspondence, documentation, or other information related to the incident
- Two written estimates showing replacement values for the lost or damaged property may be required