A University of Oregon property claim is:
- Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, water intrusion, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
- Missing or damaged University of Oregon property due to theft
Departments are subject to a $5,000 deductible
- General Risk Management, (P) 541-346-8316
General rules for use
All claims involving property loss or damage must be immediately reported to the Office of Risk Management. Losses due to theft, break-in or vandalism are criminal acts and must be immediately reported to the University of Oregon Police Department.
What information is needed to initiate a property claim?
- Department contact information
- A narrative of the incident, including the date and time of loss, immediate actions taken, witnesses
- Description of damaged or lost property
Include the following information if possible:
- Photographs of all damaged or lost property, if available
- Police report, if available
- Copies of correspondence, documentation, or other information related to the incident
- Two written estimates showing replacement values for the lost or damaged property may be required