Immediately report all claims involving property loss or damage to the Office of Risk Management.
What is a property claim?
- Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
- Missing or damaged property due to theft
- Departments are responsible for $5,000 of the deductible
What information is needed to initiate a property claim?
- Department contact information
- A narrative of the incident, including the date and time of loss, immediate actions taken, witnesses
- Descripton of damaged or lost property
Include the following information if possible:
- Photographs of all damaged or lost property, if available
- Police report, if available
- Copies of correspondence, documentation, or other information related to the incident
- Two written estimates showing replacement values for the lost or damaged property may be required
Losses due to theft, break-in, or vandalism are criminal acts and must be reported to the University of Oregon Police Department immediately.