Any loss or incident must immediately be reported to the University of Oregon Office of Risk Management, 541-346-8316.
Examples of a loss or incident include (but are not limited to):
- Vehicle accidents (university-owned, Motor Pool, State, rental vehicles, third-party or personal vehicles used for business travel)
- Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
- Missing or damaged property due to theft
- Injuries to visitors or minors
- Damage to the property of others
Risk Management works with departments and third parties regarding claims to evaluate and determine the potential for recovery and intitiate the claims process.
Property Claims: A loss to university property
General Liability Claims: A loss associated with a breach of a legal duty (also known as tort claims)
Vehicle Claims: A loss to a university, Motor Pool, state, rental, or third-party vehicle